Thursday, June 16, 2011

PTSD rears its ugly head

It is interesting to me that I can be sitting on my front porch and all of a sudden be slammed by some sound or smell that takes me back to the jungles. The other night I was sitting on my porch playing a video game on my Ipod when all of a sudden I had this "weight" hit me squarely on my head. I could feel the presence of some of the guys that I had seen die in Vietnam. Just standing in front of me wondering why I was there and they were where ever the hell they were. Sometimes this fucking world seems so overpowering that I don't know what to do. Were it not for my family I would check out.
Just another "Nam" thing.
Peace
Charles

2 comments:

100 Thoughts of Love said...

happy fathers day charles, it was so nice meeting you and your friends and family last month...wish we hadn't missed your son but maybe next time!

Vietnam Veterans: Brothers Forever said...

The pleasure was all ours. I'm just sorry that you guys had to leave so soon and that I had to share you with my cousin from Florida.
Hopefully, the next time we meet we can do a home cooked meal together and have some talk time.
Larry told me about the car thing and I thought that was a wonderful thing you did.
Take care
Peace